Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week #1

#1 I don't believe there are any factors that will affect my participation or experience in this class. But if something were to ever come up i will be sure to let you know.

#2 Not relating to English specifically, one learning experience that really affected me was when i had to move here back to California from Kenosha, Wisconsin. It was hard to adapt to the area but it was nice to be around family again over all. It taught me to really appreciate what i have no matter how far the distance. It was tough the first few months staying with family members until we as a family ,meaning my two siblings and parents, were able to get back on our feet financially. I am so grateful for it now and appreciate everything much more. I may not show it all the time but i do. Actions speak louder than words. There are many people who don't know what its like to struggle as a family financially because in society, kids and teenagers are given everything but the saying does say "you don't know what you've got until its gone".

#3 I'm most excited to just see myself grow as a writer and speaker. I have such a fear of speaking in front of a class let alone a big group of people. I personally am excited to learn how to express myself in new ways with people and learn what other thoughts there are on similar subjects with others. I think it will change me as a person to be less close minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment